A lot of people enjoyed my original Pebble review (way back when), so I thought I’d try to do my new Pebble Time Steel some justice.
I’m a special flower, as a double Kickstarter supporter, so my edition of the Pebble Time Steel has a nice ‘Champion!’ engraving and trophy on the back.
We’re not comparing Pebble Time Steel to Apple Watch here, since there is no point. Apple Watch integrates better with my iPhone, works better, looks better, costs twice as much, and has no always-on screen or comparable battery life, I can’t officially swim with it… So it’s all about compromise. My context for reviewing this watch is:
- I can’t afford Apple Watch
- I will buy Apple Watch v2 hardware (sorry Pebble, but you are on … borrowed Time)
- I loved Pebble despite its limitations and wore the black thing for years.
If you don’t want to read the whole review, let me tl;dr it for you here:
- If you liked Pebble, Pebble Time Steel is so much better looking and functioning that you should definitely upgrade.
- If you can’t afford an Apple Watch or are on the Android system (why?) and you value battery life over fancy shit like ‘touch screens’ then definitely get this watch.
For the full review, read on.